Unlike hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, Sculptra® Aesthetic helps stimulate your skin’s own natural collagen production to help restore its inner structure and increase facial volume that has been lost to aging. Sculptra® Aesthetic works subtly and gradually over time for a more youthful-looking appearance. Sculptra® Aesthetic is intended for use in people with healthy immune systems as a one-time treatment regimen of up to four injection sessions that are scheduled about three weeks apart.
Sculptra® Aesthetic Pre and Post Procedure Care
Sculptra® Aesthetic Post-Procedure Care
- Within the first 24 hours of treatment, apply a cloth-wrapped ice pack to the treated area for a few minutes at a time. Never apply ice directly to the skin. The cold will help reduce common swelling.
- Massage the treated area for 5 minutes 5 times a day for 5 days after treatment as recommended by your physician
- Protect your skin from the sun. Excessive sunlight and UV lamp exposure should be avoided until any initial swelling and redness go away.
- Call the spa if you have any questions or concerns after treatment.
- Report any side effects to your spa.
- Be sure to keep any follow-up appointments that may be scheduled.
- Sculptra Aesthetic works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- Feel free to wear makeup a few hours after.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
- Do NOT get a facial or massage for 2 weeks after your filler procedure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours.
- If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements, DO apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup. i.e. Dermablend or Colorescience Corrective Palette.
- A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal and over time, Sculptra will replace lost collagen.
Sculptra® Aesthetic Follow-Up Treatment
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results may not be seen until 3 sessions have been completed.
- Results can last more than two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about Sculptra® Aesthetic.
How soon will I see results?
Sculptra Aesthetic gradually and subtly corrects these facial wrinkles. This can provide a refined, more youthful looking appearance almost immediately, however, best results are seen over time.
How long will results last?
Treatments with Sculptra Aesthetic can last two years or more.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at www.sculptraaesthetic.com.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Microneedling is a process used to rejuvenate the skin, giving it a healthy glow and youthful appearance.Learn More