Kybella® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin to improve your profile. If you’re bothered by fat under the chin or simply feeling self-conscious about the condition, Kybella® may be right for you. You may even feel as if the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are. You eat well and exercise, but that submental fullness under the chin just won’t go away. Don’t consider surgery, consider Kybella®. It may be the best noninvasive approach for you.
Kybella® Pre and Post Procedure Care
Kybella® Pre-Procedure Care
- You may not be treated if you are pregnant or nursing, have difficulty swallowing, nerve injury or weakness in the lower face, or an infection in the area. Inform your medical provider if you are on blood thinners, or have had procedures or surgery of your lower face or neck.
- Please notify the Spa if you have been prescribed antibiotics or have taken antibiotics in the last 2 weeks prior to you appointment.
- Avoid aspirin for 10 days, ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), other non-steroidal medications (Aleve) and Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, and fish oil supplements for 5 days prior to the procedure, because these medications will make you more likely to bruise. If you have been prescribed one of these medications, ask your doctor before you stop taking it. Tylenol will not cause bruising and is preferred for the week prior to treatment. To avoid possible discomfort, you may take 1g of acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol) or NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen) one hour prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Plan your procedure so that you can have 4 full days before returning to work or important social engagements.
- Have ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and Zyrtec (an antihistamine) available at home for discomfort and itching that may result from the procedure.
Kybella® Post-Procedure Care
- You should expect swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness, and induration. This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. If the symptoms continue beyond 10 days or if other reactions occur, please contact the office.
- You may elect to ice the area post treatment but must do so very carefully. Use an ice pack with the fabric side against the skin, or wrap a soft plastic ice pack in a wet thin towel. Apply the ice pack approximately 15 seconds on, and 15 seconds off. Icing too vigorously can cause frostbite and scarring. You may apply a cold compress to the area for 20 minutes per hour, and you may do this hourly for up to 3 days.
- Do not participate in strenuous activity for 3 days following treatment
- Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2 and preferably 3 pillows.
- Do not scratch, pick or traumatize the area in any way. Do not massage or manipulate the injection site.
- You may apply your normal skin care regimen and sunscreen normally.
- Call the office if you have any difficulty swallowing, crusting or scabbing, asymmetry of your smile or any other unusual symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about Kybella®.
How soon will I see results?
Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 treatment sessions. During these sessions, your HCP will administer KYBELLA® into the fat under your chin using multiple injections. Up to 6 treatment sessions may be administered spaced no less than one month apart.
How long will results last?
Treatments with KYBELLA® may last indefinitely.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at https://www.mykybella.com/.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Liquid Gold therapy uses a guest’s own blood cells to generate healthy facial skin cell activity, as well as hair restoration.Learn More