Juvéderm® Ultra XC
Over time, your skin naturally loses elasticity. Couple this natural process with genetics, and environmental factors such as sun exposure and moderate to sever lines and folds begin to form around the nose and mouth. Juvéderm® Ultra XC is is the first and only non-surgical hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to be used to instantly smooth out lines found along the sides of the nose and mouth, providing natural-looking results for up to 12 months. Juvéderm® Ultra XC can also be used to add fullness to the lips.
Juvéderm® Ultra XC Pre and Post Procedure Care
Juvéderm® Ultra XC Pre-Procedure Care
- This treatment is not recommended if you have an important event within 2 weeks of injection due to potential for bruising. Bruising is almost expected with any type of injections.
- If you are currently on any type of antibiotics or have recently been prescribed antibiotics, please notify the Spa to ensure proper scheduling. Antibiotics must be discontinued for 2 weeks prior to injections.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, Tumeric, Fish Oil, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising. Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 7 days prior to treatment. This will increase the risk of bruising.
- Pre-treat with Valtrex/Anti-Viral medication if any history of cold sores (5 days before, 5 days after).
Juvéderm® Ultra XC Post-Procedure Care
- Avoid touching the treated area for six hours. After that, light makeup can be applied, and the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Do not expose the treated area to intense heat (Sun, or Tanning Bed, steam room, sauna) or extreme cold for at least two weeks.
- Immediately after the treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is usually temporary and generally disappears in less than 6 hours after injection into the skin and less than 1-2 days after injection into the lips. Occasionally the initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer. Occasionally some patients experience swelling for about a week, and the lips can look somewhat uneven during this time. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Other types of reactions are very rare, but occasionally some patients have experienced other reactions. Please be sure to review the consent form for further details.
- Aesthetic products, such as derma fillers, are temporary injectable fillers and the duration of the effect can vary from patient to patient. You may wish to consider additional treatments before the effect has completely dissipated.
Instructions to Minimize Discomfort
- You may wish to take a regular dose (325 to 1000 mg – depending on your size) of plain Tylenol every 4-6 hours after your treatment.
- Arnica gel or pills may be used a few days before and after treatment to help reduce bruising. Eating pineapple may also help with signs of bruising.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about Juvéderm® Ultra XC.
How soon will I see results?
In clinical trials, patients treated with Juvéderm® Ultra XC reported improvement with the appearance in less than a week.
How long will results last?
Results from Juvéderm® Ultra XC may last up to 6-12 months.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at https://www.juvederm.com/.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Liquid Gold therapy uses a guest’s own blood cells to generate healthy facial skin cell activity, as well as hair restoration.Learn More