Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC is another FDA-approved dermal filler that is not only used to smooth out lines in your face, but can also be used to restore the youthful volume that can diminish over time. The two main ingredients found in Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC are hyaluronic acid and lidocaine. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally produced sugar substance that can hydrate the skin. It also creates a natural like cushion that pumps up volume wherever it is injected. Lidocaine is a mild local anesthetic that is used to help minimize any discomfort that may be present when the gel like substance is injected into the skin.
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC Pre and Post Procedure Care
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC Pre-Procedure Care
- This treatment is not recommended if you have an important event within 2 weeks of injection due to potential for bruising. Bruising is almost expected with any type of injections.
- If you are currently on any type of antibiotics or have recently been prescribed antibiotics, please notify the Spa to ensure proper scheduling. Antibiotics must be discontinued for 2 weeks prior to injections.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, Tumeric, Fish Oil, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising. Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 7 days prior to treatment. This will increase the risk of bruising.
- Pre-treat with Valtrex/Anti-Viral medication if any history of cold sores (5 days before, 5 days after).
Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC Post-Procedure Care
- Avoid touching the treated area for six hours. After that, light makeup can be applied, and the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Do not expose the treated area to intense heat (Sun, or Tanning Bed, steam room, sauna) or extreme cold for at least two weeks.
- Immediately after the treatment, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The inconvenience is usually temporary and generally disappears in less than 6 hours after injection into the skin and less than 1-2 days after injection into the lips. Occasionally the initial swelling after lip treatment may last longer. Occasionally some patients experience swelling for about a week, and the lips can look somewhat uneven during this time. This means that the result directly after the treatment should not be seen as the final result.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Other types of reactions are very rare, but occasionally some patients have experienced other reactions. Please be sure to review the consent form for further details.
- Aesthetic products, such as derma fillers, are temporary injectable fillers and the duration of the effect can vary from patient to patient. You may wish to consider additional treatments before the effect has completely dissipated.
Instructions to Minimize Discomfort
- You may wish to take a regular dose (325 to 1000 mg – depending on your size) of plain Tylenol every 4-6 hours after your treatment.
- Arnica gel or pills may be used a few days before and after treatment to help reduce bruising. Eating pineapple may also help with signs of bruising.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC.
How soon will I see results?
In clinical trials, patients treated with Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC reported improvement in a week or less.
How long will results last?
Results from Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC may last up to 6-12 months.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at https://www.juvederm.com/.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Microneedling is a process used to rejuvenate the skin, giving it a healthy glow and youthful appearance.Learn More