Botox® Cosmetic is an FDA-approved injectable dermal filler that can be used to temporarily improve the appearance of facial wrinkles, wrinkles on the brow, and crow’s feet in adults. Botox® uses a form of botulinum toxin to temporarily paralyze muscle activity, which effectively relaxes the muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the skin. Botox® can also be used to relax repetitive neck spasms (cervical dystonia), reduce the effects of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), control an overactive bladder, and ease the effects associated with chronic migraines in some people.
Botox® Pre and Post Procedure Care
Botox® Pre-Procedure Care
- This treatment is not recommended if you have an important event within 2 weeks of injection due to potential for bruising.
- If you are currently on any type of antibiotics, or have been recently been prescribed antibiotics please notify the Spa to ensure proper scheduling.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, Tumeric, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before treatment to limit bruising. Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment, this will increase the risk of bruising.
Botox® Post-Procedure Care
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, Tumeric, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks following treatment to limit bruising.
- For the first 6 hours following Botox/Dysport, you must remain upright and refrain from facial exercises and facial movements.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise or straining for 4 hours (it takes approximately 4 hours for Botox/Dysport to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time).
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate Botox/Dysport.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Botox/Dysport.
- Make-up may be applied gently before leaving the office, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Using/taking Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 14 days for Botox/Dysport to take full effect.
- A follow-up visit at 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you will need to purchase additional Botox/Dysport for injection.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
- Regular injections usually yield a longer lasting Botox/Dysport result.
- If your upper lip was treated you may not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.
- Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about Botox®.
How soon will I see results?
The majority of Botox® patients see improvement in about a week after treatment.
How long will results last?
The effects from Botox® may last up to 3 months.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at www.botoxcosmetic.com.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Microneedling is a process used to rejuvenate the skin, giving it a healthy glow and youthful appearance.Learn More