CoolSculpting® is the only non-surgical body contouring treatment that freezes away stubborn fat from your body, virtually reducing the amount of fat deposits present in treated areas. VIO Med Spa uses the latest CoolSculpting® technology, making treatments quick and comfortable. CoolSculpting® is one of the most innovative and non-invasive ways to contour your body, leaving you looking beautiful and feeling confident in your own skin.
CoolSculpting® Pre and Post Procedure Care
CoolSculpting® Pre-Procedure Care
What to Expect Before Your Treatment
- Have a complimentary consultation and discuss all options, pricing, and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can go home in or bring comfortable clothing with you that you can change into before treatment.
What to Expect During Your Treatment
- CoolSculpting® is a non-surgical procedure that may take from one to several hours, depending on your treatment plan.
- No general/topical anesthesia or pain medication is required.
- As the procedure is initiated, vacuum pressure draws tissue into an applicator cup between cooling panels. The vacuum pressure may cause sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching in the area being treated.
- You also may experience intense stinging, tingling, aching or cramping. These sensations generally subside as the area becomes numb.
CoolSculpting® Post-Procedure Care
What to Expect Immediately After Treatment
- Immediately after the procedure, your treated area may look or feel stiff and transient blanching (temporary whitening of the skin) may occur.
- You may feel a sense of nausea or dizziness as your body naturally warms and sensation returns to your treatment area. These are normal reactions that typically resolve within minutes.
- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. This is an expected but temporary effect after CoolSculpting®.
- Bruising, swelling and tenderness can occur in the treated area. This typically resolves within a week or two.
- Nausea and tingling, stinging and cramping in the treatment area are often reported on treatment day.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and typically resolves within a few hours but may last for several weeks after your procedure.
- There typically is minimal recovery time after CoolSculpting®. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
What to Expect Days and Weeks After Your Treatment
- It is common for the treated area to feel bloated and look swollen in the first few days and weeks after CoolSculpting®.
- You may experience a temporary dulling of sensation that can last for several weeks or months.
- At some point within the first two weeks following the procedure, you may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting® and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this, increase the likelihood of achieving the results you want, and extend the expectancy of treatment results.
- Schedule a follow-up medical assessment to review your clinical results and discuss the option of additional treatments to achieve desired fat reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions that VIO Med Spa receives about CoolSculpting®.
How soon will I see results?
CoolSculpting® freezes fat cells, which then die. As the body expels these cells naturally, the results of CoolSculpting begin to show. Most guests notice improvement after three weeks. Sometimes the final results are not apparent until six months after treatment.
How long will results last?
Results from CoolSculpting® may vary and depend upon the guest maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Results are not guaranteed and vary from person to person.
What will I feel?
CoolSculpting® feels cold, especially during the first few minutes. You may feel intense cold and some pressure, but this dissipates quickly as the target area becomes numb. During the treatment there is typically no discomfort; in fact, patients can watch movies, read books, play games or even sleep during treatments. The procedure is non-surgical, so it is non invasive.
What happens during treatment?
Prior to treatment your certified CoolSculpting® practitioner will evaluate your cosmetic goals, create a customized treatment plan, and explain what you can expect during the procedure. During treatment your CoolSculpting® practitioner will position the CoolSculpting® applicators on the target fat reduction area. The device will pull your fat into an area with two cooling panels. As a result, you will feel a firm pull and some pressure. Most sessions take approximately one hour or more.
Who is the ideal candidate for CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® is not a treatment for obesity; however, the procedure is highly effective for contouring the body and removing stubborn pockets of fat. The ideal patient has good overall health and does not need significant weight loss.
Where can I find more information?
Please find more details including safety information at https://www.coolsculpting.com/.
CoolSculpting® is an effective, non-surgical way to eliminate stubborn, unwanted fat.Learn More
Facials & Peels
We offer a full line of facial treatments and peels designed to fit every skin type, even the most sensitive.Learn More
Injectables & Fillers
Injectables and fillers are minimally invasive treatments designed to enhance your natural beauty.Learn More
Microneedling is a process used to rejuvenate the skin, giving it a healthy glow and youthful appearance.Learn More