4 Things You Need to Know About Vampire Facials
In recent years, you’ve likely seen photos of celebrities like Kim Kardashian plastered across the Internet with blood-caked faces. Although these celebrities may look like they’ve walked out of a horror movie, they are in fact enjoying the latest and greatest skin rejuvenation treatment–vampire facials. Continue reading to learn about vampire facials and what you can expect during this procedure.
4 Frequently Asked Questions About Vampire Facials
If you’ve scheduled your first vampire facial treatment, also known as a blood facial, you no doubt have a handful of questions. Review the following FAQs to prepare for your treatment.
1. What is a vampire facial?
A vampire facial is a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) procedure in which platelets from a patient’s blood are re-injected into the skin. Because platelets are known to contain a significant amount of growth factor, vampire facials promote tissue regeneration and increased collagen production. Below is a general overview of the procedure:
- Step 1: To begin the treatment, a numbing cream is applied all over the patient’s face.
- Step 2: While waiting for the numbing cream to kick into action, a couple vials of blood are drawn from the patient’s arm and spun in a centrifuge machine to isolate the PRP.
- Step 3: Once the patient’s face is sufficiently numb, the procedure begins. The reinjection of the PRP can be done in two ways. The first way involves re-injecting the PRP directly into the patient’s face via a standard needle. The second method involves microneedling the face to create tiny holes and applying the PRP topically to be absorbed into said holes.
2. Do vampire facials hurt?
Although a numbing cream is applied to the face prior to the treatment, some patients do experience mild pain– particularly around sensitive areas like the hairline, mouth, and eyes. However, all patients have different levels of pain tolerance and therefore experience vampire facials differently.
3. What are the benefits of vampire facials?
As a result of the tissue regeneration and collagen production induced by vampire facials, many patients report:
- Younger looking skin
- Minimization of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of acne scars
- Improved skin texture
Since it takes time for the skin to regenerate new tissue and produce collagen, it may take up to several weeks before you notice optimal results.
4. Is a vampire facial right for me?
If you’re interested in improving the overall texture of your skin and developing youthful looking skin, a vampire facial could be the ideal procedure for you. Vampire facials are particularly helpful for those with premature wrinkles, sun damage, and acne scars.
To learn more about vampire facials or to schedule your vampire facial appointment, contact your local VIO Med Spa today! Our team of licensed professionals works hard to provide advanced skin care treatments personalized for each patient’s skin type.
You might also like
Determine whether or not CoolSculpting, the World’s #1 non-invasive fat-reduction procedure, is right for you.Continue Reading